This makes a nice luncheon dish served cold.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3 tablespoons green tomato piccalilli relish or dill pickle relish
- 1 pound coarsely ground lean ham
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 large bananas
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl and using a fork, beat egg, cider, coriander, and relish until blended. Add ham and cornbread mix. Stir with fork to mix completely. Divide in half.
- Pack one half into prepared loaf pan. Place whole peeled bananas gently. Spread with honey mustard.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until ham is bubbly and slightly browned. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
From The Banana Lover's Cookbook